Online: Introduction to Hidden Helpers
Hidden Helpers are the children, youth, and young adults who are currently impacted by the care needs or who are actively involved in hands-on care of a wounded, ill, or injured veteran. This module provides an overview of the impact of family caregiving on hidden helpers and their well-being.
Primary Care Physicians, Advance Practice Providers, Mental Health Professionals.
Upon completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Recall the definition of military and veteran caregivers and Hidden Helpers.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of family caregivers and Hidden Helpers in caregiving.
- Understand the need for providing care to children in military and veteran families via a holistic and supportive approach.
- For CE or technical questions regarding this course, please contact the CE Coordinator, Betsy Lee | email@example.com
- For more information about this training or the Hidden Helpers Coalition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank the following family members for their participation in this lecture:
- Moderator- Megan Powell, Caregiver Wife; 2022 Elizabeth Dole Foundation Fellow
- Kylie Briest, Caregiver Family Member
- Silvia Lopez, Caregiver Wife
- 0.50 MOC ABS – SurgerySuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Nemours Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nemours Foundation designates this activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 0.50 continuing education credits.