Online: Pediatric Growth - Needs and Formula
Julia Amariti MS, RD, CSP, LDN, CNSC, Clinical Dietitian II, Education and Training, Clinical Lead at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware discusses the appropriate growth curve to assess a pediatric patient's growth, how to calculate estimated energy needs for a pediatric patient and the indications of use for infant and pediatric formulas. This program was captured at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware Lunchtime Pediatrics session on July 13, 2023.
As a result of this activity, participants will be able to better asses overall growth of pediatric patients, and correctly identify indications for use of formulas.
Primary Care Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
Upon completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Identify the appropriate growth curve to assess a pediatric patient's growth and to calculate estimated energy needs for a pediatric patient.
- Identify the indication of use for infant and pediatric formulas.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding this course please contact the Course Coordinator, Betsy Lee @email@example.com
Julia Amariti MS, RD, CSP, LDN, CNSC, is a Clinical Dietitian II, and the Education and Training, Clinical Lead at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware. She specializes in working with medically complex patients and children with intestinal failure.
No one in control of content for this educational activity has relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with **ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
To view additional information on the Nemours Children's disclosure policy, right click on the following link to open in a new tab.
- 0.75 MOC ABS – SurgerySuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Nemours Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nemours Foundation designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 0.75 continuing education credits.