Online: Letting Families and Patients Lead
Understanding What Being Part of a Military Caregiving Family Means to Patients.
Families of military and veteran-connected patients are looking for a human connection with their provider. This module discusses the importance of taking time with patients, providing relevant information, and prioritizing personal connection, along with the importance of remaining focused on the needs of the patient and not become sidetracked by the needs of the veteran, as this is an opportunity for the child to feel seen.
Primary Care Physicians, Advance Practice Providers, Mental Health Professionals.
Upon completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Recall key concepts and principles of trauma-informed care and its relevance in supporting Hidden Helpers.
- Provide examples of how healthcare professionals can utilize trauma-informed care strategies during patient visits.
- Explain why some Hidden Helpers and/or their parent(s) may be concerned about sharing details of the child or teen’s caregiving role or the realities of their military or veteran caregiving household.
- For CE or technical questions regarding this course, please contact the CE Coordinator, Betsy Lee | firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about this training or the Hidden Helpers Coalition, please contact email@example.com.
We would like to thank the following family members for their participation in this lecture:
- Anne Adkinson, Caregiver, Mother to two Hidden Helpers, Arizona
- Jake Adkinson, Hidden Helper, Arizona
- 0.50 MOC ABS – SurgerySuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Nemours Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nemours Foundation designates this activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 0.50 continuing education credits.