Online: Guns & Kids - The Pediatricians Role in Harm Prevention
In this Pediatric Grand Rounds session, Dr. Eric Fleegler and Dr. Lois Lee discuss the epidemiology of pediatric firearm deaths and injuries, the effects of firearm violence on child health, and how pediatricians can talk to families about firearms. This program was captured at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware Pediatric Grand Rounds August 24, 2022.
Primary Care Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
Upon completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of pediatric firearm deaths and injuries.
- Discuss the effects of firearm violence on child health.
- Explain how pediatricians can talk to families about firearms.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding this course please contact the Course Coordinator, Karen Chiarini at email@example.com
Eric Fleegler, MD, MPH, FAAP is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School and an Attending Physician, Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Lois Lee, MD, MPH, FAAP is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School and an Attending Physician, Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital.
No one in control of content for this educational activity has relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with **ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
To view additional information on the Nemours Children's disclosure policy, right click on the following link to open in a new tab.
- 1.00 MOC ABS – SurgerySuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Nemours Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nemours Foundation designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 1.00 continuing education credits.