Online: Digital Disparities in Pediatric Telehealth
James P. Franciosi, MD and Edward Mougey, PhD define digital disparities and link to social determinants of health. As a result of this activity, participants will be able to encourage electronic medical record portal enrollment in practice, screen for digital literacy competency and internet access capability prior to conducting telehealth visit, and advocate for resources to effectively communicate with families in their primary language. This program was captured at Nemours Children's Hospital, Florida Pediatric Grand Rounds on January 11, 2023.
Physicians and all health care professionals.
Upon completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Encourage electronic medical record portal enrollment in practice.
- Screen for digital literacy competency and internet access capability prior to conducting telehealth visit.
- Advocate for resources to effectively communicate with families in their primary language.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding this course please contact the Course Coordinator, Tinessa Callinan, at email@example.com
James P. Franciosi, MD, MS, MSCE, FAAP is the Division Chief, Department of Gastroenterology at Nemours Children's Hospital, Florida and Professor of Pediatrics at University of Central Florida College of Medicine
Edward Mougey, PhD is a research scientist at Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Jacksonville.
No one in control of content for this educational activity has relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with **ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
To view additional information on the Nemours Children's disclosure policy, right click on the following link to open in a new tab.
Nemours is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Nemours designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. A certificate of participation will be provided to other health care professionals requesting credits. Participants should ensure in advance that their credentialing or licensing organization accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- 1.00 MOC ABS – SurgerySuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Nemours Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nemours Foundation designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 1.00 continuing education credits.