Online - Concussion: Evolutions in Care
William Emanuele, DO, Attending Physician, Department of Orthopedics, Sports Medicine at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware discusses signs, symptoms and underlying pathophysiology surrounding concussions as well as the newest concussion assessment guidelines described in the Sports Concussion Office Assessment Tool. This program was captured at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware Lunchtime Pediatrics session on October 12, 2023.
Physicians and all Pediatric Health Care providers
Upon completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms as well as describe underlying pathophysiology surrounding concussions.
- Apply the newest concussion assessment guidelines described in the Sports Concussion Office Assessment Tool and apply them to their office assessments for concussion in their practices.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding this course please contact the Course Coordinator, Betsy Lee at email@example.com
No one in control of content for this educational activity has relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with **ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
To view additional information on the Nemours Children's disclosure policy, right click on the following link to open in a new tab.
- 0.75 MOC ABS – SurgerySuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Nemours Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nemours Foundation designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 0.75 continuing education credits.