Online: 2022 Pediatric Pharmacology Update | ABCs of Birth Control
Chris DiPaolo, DNP, APRN will discuss the various types of contraceptives and their potential side effects, along with describing the correct type of OCP dependent upon their patient’s needs. This program was captured at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware on October 28, 2022.
Advanced Practice Nurses, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists.
Upon completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Discuss the various types of contraceptives and their potential side effects.
- Prescribe the correct type of OCP dependent upon their patient’s needs.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding this course please contact the Course Coordinator: Allie Goetaski, MPH at Alyssa.Goetaski@Nemours.org
Chris DiPaolo, DNP, APRN is a nurse practitioner in adolescent medicine at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware and faculty member at University of Delaware teaching pediatrics in the doctoral program. Additionally, Chris is the clinical coordinator at the Adolescent Resource Center (ARC), a title 10 supported reproductive health clinic, offering free contraception, STI counseling, and treatment.
No one in control of content for this educational activity has relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with **ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
To view additional information on the Nemours Children's disclosure policy, right click on the following link to open in a new tab.
- 1.00 MOC ABS – SurgerySuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Nemours Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nemours Foundation designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCC Nursing Contact Hour
Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is designated for 1.00 contact hours.
- 1.00 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 1.00 continuing education credits.