ED In Situ | February 7, 2024
Experience the dynamic world of emergency medicine through our ED in-situ simulation program. Calling all interprofessional medical professionals in the ED to participate in this immersive education experience in the comfort of your own resuscitation bay. Our program focuses on enhancing teamwork and communication skills, offering a realistic environment for practicing critical actions. Engage in scenarios that mirror the fast-paced nature of emergency situations, providing a hands-on opportunity to refine your responses. Join us to elevate your collaborative skills and ensure effective decision-making in high-stakes scenarios within the emergency department. Program offered twice monthly throughout the year.
Attend in the NCHFL Emergency Department Resuscitation Room 2.
Shiva Kalidindi MD / Jacques Cayo MD
Questions can be directed to Anna Pirner MSN, RN, CPN at Anna.Pirner@Nemours.Org or Shiva Kalidindi MD at Shiva.Kalidindi@Nemours.org
This series is recommended for RNs, EMT-P, and MDs that provide care to critically ill children in the Emergency Department. Others are welcome space permitting.
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- identify interprofessional role expectations during a clinical emergency.
- demonstrate components of effective teamwork and communication (clear roles and responsibilities, closed loop communication, and shared mental model).
- execute priority critical actions in the critically ill child.
1. Review TeamSTEPPS Pocket Guide | Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (ahrq.gov) using this link. Make note of sections related to communication and team leadership.
2. Complete short quiz.
3. Participate in simulated activity demonstrating components of TeamSTEPPS.
4. Complete course evaluation for contact hours.
Nemours designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nemours Children’s Health is accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing to provide nursing continuing education. Provider #50-1428, has approved this activity for 1.0 contact hours.
Nemours Children’s Health is accredited by the Florida Board of Emergency Services to provide paramedic continuing education. Provider #50-1428, has approved this activity for 1.0 contact hours.
- 1.00 MOC ABS – SurgerySuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME requirements of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Nemours Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nemours Foundation designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 1.00 continuing education credits.
- 1.00 Florida Board of Emergency Medical Services
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hour – Florida Board of Nursing
Provider approved by the Florida Board of Registered Nursing. Provider number # 50-1428.
This activity is designated for 1.00 contact hours.