How to encourage a preceptee to “Try it on my Own" and make them "Stronger" guides this session. Help the preceptee make the "Climb" to independence by "Defying Gravity" like Elphaba yet "Still Standing" at the end of orientation. Bring your bite to eat this engaging session on teaching orientees to be problem solvers.
Join your colleagues in a quarterly educational series that addresses topics most relevant to the precepting new associates, new graduates and practicum students. This interprofessional activity invites effective speakers to interact with the team in an informal discussion on topics relevant to the preceptor such as role modeling, legal liabilities, rewards and challenges. Pack your lunch and enjoy your meal during the engaging discussions with subject matter experts and other preceptors.
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe methods to encourage clinical judgment and critical thinking.
- Apply best practice to precepting.
- Discuss the preceptee as a problem solver.
- 1.00 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 1.00 continuing education credits.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hour – Florida Board of Nursing
Provider approved by the Florida Board of Registered Nursing. Provider number # 50-1428.
This activity is designated for 1.00 contact hours.