NCHF Sedation Course | May 2024
Strengthen your procedural sedation skills with this comprehensive course featuring didactic components specific to pediatrics, documentation in the electronic medical record, and hands on skills necessary to safely perform the nursing roles during a bedside sedated procedure. Participants will demonstrate competency in skills required for critical care staff who provide sedation in the emergency department, sedation unit, and critical care intensive care areas.
NCH-FL critical care nurses who provide procedural sedation in the emergency department, infusion center, and intensive care areas.
Upon completion of this activity participants will be able to:
1. Verbalize potential complications of sedation and preventative measures for potential complications.
2. Demonstrate how to use sedation documentation module after a comprehensive didactic classroom and case scenarios.
3. Perform nursing functions in a simulated sedated procedure with demonstration of set up, documentation, safe-room, and rescue interventions for complications during session.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding this course please contact the Course Coordinator, Rachel Molander at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners will complete the pretest prior to course date and arrival with baseline procedural sedation knowledge.
The comprehensive program features morning sessions:
- Didactic by Jamie Harrison with Denise Mahaffey and Amy Reiterman supporting the presentation with documentation elements in the EMR.
Lunch on your own; timely return from break is expected to complete all elements of the program.
Present to the simulation lab following lunch for the final segment of course:
- Rachel Molander guides participants through the simulated skills stations and the procedural sedation scenarios.
The course concludes with successful completion of the procedural sedation post-test.
Please meet in computer labs at 0815.
To view the full bio of faculty, please click on their name.
Provider approved by the Florida Board of Registered Nursing. Provider number # 50-1428. Please check with your accreditation board to ensure that they accept Florida Board of Nursing Contact Hours.
- 6.00 Continuing EducationThis activity is designated for 6.00 continuing education credits.
- 6.00 Nursing Contact Hour – Florida Board of Nursing
Provider approved by the Florida Board of Registered Nursing. Provider number # 50-1428.
This activity is designated for 6.00 contact hours.